Principles of Community
The University of California, Santa Cruz is committed to promoting and protecting an environment that values and supports every person in an atmosphere of civility, honesty, cooperation, professionalism and fairness.
UCSC expects that every campus member will practice these Principles of Community.
We strive to be:
- Diverse: We embrace diversity in all its forms and we strive for an inclusive community that fosters an open, enlightened and productive environment.
- Open: We believe free exchange of ideas requires mutual respect and consideration for our differences.
- Purposeful: We are a participatory community united by shared commitments to: service to society; preservation and advancement of knowledge; and innovative teaching and learning.
- Caring: We promote mutual respect, trust and support to foster bonds that strengthen the community.
- Just: We are committed to due process, respect for individual dignity and equitable access to resources, recognition and rewards.
- Disciplined: We seek to advance common goals through reasonable and realistic practices, procedures and expectations.
- Celebrative: We celebrate the heritage, achievements and diversity of the community and the uniqueness and contributions of our members.
We accept the responsibility to pursue these principles in an atmosphere of personal and intellectual freedom, security, respect, civility and mutual support.
The UCSC Student Health Services mission is to provide high quality services which promote physical and emotional well being focused on the diverse needs of students.
We strive to create a caring and supportive environment to assist students in improving their physical and emotional well being to aid in their academic success.
We value respect, teamwork and communication.
We respect the dignity, diversity and individuality of all. This drives our effort to develop an inclusive multi cultural community in which differences are respected and valued.
Student Health Services staff work as a team with the University, community and students- valuing our varied roles and responsibilities - striving for individual and collective excellence in the services we provide.
We value clear, respectful, compassionate communication -- as individuals and team members responsibly contribute toward the creation of a healthy and safe environment for all.