Medical Services: Psychiatric Services
MENTAL HEALTH RESOURCES ON THE UCSC CAMPUS
- UCSC Psychiatry Service
- UCSC Counseling and Psychological Services
- UCSC Alcohol and Other Drug Abuse Prevention Program (AOD)
- UCSC Disability Resource Center
OTHER SOURCES OF INFORMATION ON PSYCHIATRY AND MENTAL HEALTH
This is a very small sampling of web sites outside this University providing information on different aspects of psychiatry and mental illness, and more extensive lists of links to other sites. The accuracy of the information has not been verified by anyone at UCSC. If you know of another site that you think would be a good addition to the list, please email me.
- Psychopharmacology Tips has late-breaking news on all aspects of psychopharmacology.
- Psychiatric Medications are listed by name in this drug compendium.
- The National Alliance for the Mentally Ill (NAMI) is an active advocacy and support organization for individuals with a mental illness, and their families.
- The American Psychiatric Association has a useful series of publications about psychiatry and psychiatric disorders.
- ULifeline, a site maintained by the Jed Foundation, is a resource for young adults with behavioral health questions.
- Student Counseling Centers from around the country are listed here. Their web sites provide valuable information and promote mental health for students.
- Facts for Families is a series of pamphlets put out by the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry.
- Self help books and books on a wide range of mental health topics are reviewed at this site.
- Other prominent sites devoted to mental health issues are The National Mental Health Services Knowledge Exchange Network (KEN), Psychology Self Help Resources, Children and Adults with Attention Deficit Disorder (CH.A.D.D.), and The National Foundation for Depressive Illness.