AlcoholEdu for Parents
UCSC is committed to making a difference with our students. We also understand that parents are the first line of defense against alcohol misuse and abuse. That is why we will make AlcoholEdu for Parents available to you beginning August 29, 2013. AlcoholEdu for Parents is an online program designed to support your conversations about alcohol that will help shape the decisions your child must make in college surrounding alcohol use. The program includes:
- A brief introduction and suggestions on the best way to start conversations about alcohol.
- Helpful resources, such as tips on talking to your college student about alcohol, fact sheets on alcohol’s effect on the brain, how alcohol impairs learning and memory, and more.
- An overview of the AlcoholEdu for College course structure and key concepts.
- Direct access to AlcoholEdu for College, in an easy-to-use format that allows you to navigate freely from chapter to chapter (2-3 hours).
AlcoholEdu for Parents Directions
AlcoholEdu for Parents will be available for your review starting August 29, 2013. To take AlcoholEdu for Parents, you will need a computer with internet access and audio capabilities.
- Go to: http://parents.alcoholedu.com
- Review the minimum technical requirements available at the bottom of the AlcoholEdu for Parents login page.
- Under New User enter the Login ID for PARENTS ONLY: P110714PARENT
- Click “Sign Up” and follow the on-screen prompts.
- When you return, log in as a Returning User and enter the same email address and password you created when you first logged into the course.
IMPORTANT: Do Note share the Parent Web site and Login ID with your student as he/she will not receive credit for course completion under this account.
- Your son or daughter will access their STUDENT course from the UCSC student portal list beginning August 27, 2013.
- Students can find instructions for the STUDENT course at: http://healthcenter.ucsc.edu/shop/alcohol_edu.shtml
- Contact information for technical and administrative support for students is available on the same web page.
Should you experience any difficulties or require support, the AlcoholEdu Online Technical Support Center is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Simply click on the “Technical Help” button located in the upper right-hand corner of every AlcoholEdu for Parents screen. You do not need to be logged into the course to access the Technical Support Center.
For questions about the course, please contact Paul Willis, SHOP Alcohol & Other Drug Educator, at 831-459-1417 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For additional information, please see the links below.