Information Request for 1095 IRS Reporting

December 14, 2023

UC SHIP’s enrollment administrator, Academic HealthPlans (AHP), may contact you via email to get important information that is not on file with the registrar’s office. You can also email AHP to provide the requested information.

For proof of coverage, all UC SHIP members can electronically access their IRS Form 1095-B — the form that proves you have the minimum essential coverage required by the ACA. To access your 1095-Bfollow the instructions in the 1095 User Guide [PDF].

Below is an example of the email you might recieve from AHP, please reach out to them with any questions. 

Dear UC SHIP Member,
We’re writing to you because we need to get some information that’s required by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS). You are getting this email because we do not have your and/or your dependent(s) Social Security Numbers or Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers (ITIN). Under the law, we must ask for that information and provide it to the IRS.

What we need you to do:
UC SHIP has engaged Academic HealthPlans (AHP) to collect missing Social Security Numbers or Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers (ITIN) from our members.

•  Please visit
•  If you have a registered account, click Sign In. If you do not have a registered account, click Don’t Have an Account.
•  Once you are logged in, click on My Account, then View/Edit My Info.
•  Click Edit next to Student Profile.
•  Update SSN/ITIN field. If you do not have an SSN/ITIN, please select the check box next to “Do not have SSN/ITIN”. Follow the same steps for your dependents. Please note, you cannot make changes to your name, address, gender, phone number or email through this portal. You must make these changes through the
•  Select the check box next to “1095 Electronic Consent” if you would like to receive your 1095-B form electronically.
•  Click Save Changes.

Protecting your privacy
We take protection of privacy very seriously and have strict policies in place to protect your privacy. Your private information will be kept secure for reporting to the IRS. Go to the IRS website to find an explanation of why we are asking for this information. Please visit and choose Questions and Answers
from the topics on the left side. Then, choose Reporting Social Security Numbers to Your Health Insurance Company.

Wishing you the best of health,
Your UC SHIP Team

If you have already indicated that you do not have an SSN/ITIN, please disregard this email. If you have any questions on this process, contact Academic HealthPlans at